HOT SPRINGS ARTS & CRAFTS FAIR
Garland County Fairgrounds
4831 Malvern Ave. - (Hwy 270 East)
OCTOBER 5,6,&7, 2018
FRIDAY AND SATURDAY: 9:00 A.M. – 6:00 P.M.
SUNDAY: 12:00 P.M. – 5:00 P.M.
NOTE: You will be expected to help us maintain the integrity of this event by closely reading and adhering to the following Rules and Regulations as they apply both to your work and to your conduct on the fairgrounds.
RULES & REGULATIONS
1. Exhibitors are invited on a yearly basis. All current exhibitors will be reviewed on quality of workmanship, cooperation, following rules, and maximum crafts in one area. The A&C Fair is governed by a committee of volunteers appointed by the Garland County Extension Homemakers Council. Booth placement and invitations to the Fair are for the current year only, and shall be at the discretion of the committee. Assigned booths are not transferable.
2. Deadline for invited return exhibitors is January 1, 2018. If checks are not received by that deadline, the return exhibitors will forfeit all rights as a return exhibitor. They must re-apply, and if approved, will be treated as a new exhibitor in space assignment. All spaces are reserved only on payment of booth cost.
3. On Thursday, October 4, 2018 exhibit halls will open at 9:00 a.m. for you to begin setting up displays, the deadline to check in is no later than 4:00pm and exhibits must be in place by 6:00 p.m. (Please DO NOT arrive before 9:00 a.m.). Exhibitors not meeting these requirements will forfeit their exhibit space and MONEY WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. Your space notification will be sent to you during August. The space sizes are approximately 10’ x 10’ (single) and 20’ x 10’ (double). Exhibits must be kept inside booth boundaries.
4. There is limited electricity and outlets in some buildings. If extra spotlights create a problem, you will be asked to unplug some of them.
5. Each exhibitor is responsible for the appearance of his booth space DAILY. All exhibitors trash, boxes, packing, etc. must be carried out to the can in front of Building and all boxes must be broken down and placed by the can in front of building. A clean-up fee of $25 will be assessed if booth is not clean.
6. Exhibitors are responsible for supplying their own tables and chairs. All tables should be covered to the floor on all exposed sides unless you are using decorative furniture (wicker, wood, etc.). 6 ft. tables are available for rent at $10 each & chairs are available for $2.00 each.
7. Exhibitors changing or adding a new craft must have the craft juried. The deadline for jurying added crafts is SEPTEMBER 23, 2018. Added crafts will not be juried at the Fair. Additional names (new to exhibit) must be indicated as new and must be approved. All crafts for new exhibitors must be juried and approved by the committee. Only applications approved by the screening committee are invited to the Fair. The committee screens for the quality and variety of arts and crafts to be exhibited and crafts must meet high criteria before being accepted. All items must be handmade, handcrafted, or homegrown. The entry must be creative, hand done, and entered by the person making it. Commercial crafts will not be accepted. Don’t try it!!! Exhibitors violating this rule will not be invited back.
8. Applicants living within 50 miles are expected to bring crafts to a monthly jury meeting. Applicants living outside this area may submit pictures or slides to be juried, however, pictures of poor quality that do not show workmanship and quality of the craft will automatically be rejected. It would be to the applicant’s advantage to have their items viewed by the committee.
9. There must be someone at each exhibit at all times. Committee members or Hostesses will be available if assistance is needed.
10. There will be no nails, or the like, driven into the building walls.
11. A night watchman will be on duty Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights, however, THE FAIR COMMITTEE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS, FIRES, OR THEFTS ON THE GROUNDS OR IN BUILDINGS.
12. No display may be removed before 5:00 p.m. Sunday October 7, 2018 and no vehicles may be moved to buildings until the fair closes at 5:00 p.m.
13. Craft items should be confined to no more than THREE unrelated categories per booth, double or single. Use the attached list to assist in categorizing your crafts. Hostess will review the application sheet with each exhibitor upon check-in at Fair. Items must correspond.
14. The correct sales tax rate to charge is the exhibitor’s responsibility. You will be liable for State and County, but not city taxes. Before you arrive, please check the current tax rate for Arkansas State and Garland County on the following website: http://www.arkansas.gov/dfa/excise_tax_v2/st_index.html
15. THERE WILL BE NO CUTTING OF PRICES AT ANY TIME. EXHIBITORS WHO DISREGARD THIS WILL NOT BE INVITED TO PARTICIPATE AGAIN. PRICES MUST BE POSTED OR MARKED ON ITEMS.
16. Qualified A&C personnel will check all exhibits at least twice a day. This is necessary to ensure the standards of the fair are being met.
17. Overnight lodging camper fee is $30.00 per night and your space must be reserved in advance. Stakes must be marked so they are noticeable. YOU CANNOT DRIVE STAKES INTO THE ASPHALT.
18. Exhibitors may display identification signs, i.e., names, addresses, phone numbers, BUT, signs must not reflect commercial businesses. The Hostess must approve signs.
19. PLEASE do not take money for orders you cannot fill within 30 days of the fair.
20. A refund of 90% of your booth fee will be given if you must cancel and we receive notification prior to 9-1-18. NO refunds will be made on cancellations received after that date.
21. Mail your completed application to:
Hot Springs, AR 71901
22. Make Checks Payable To: “HOT SPRINGS ARTS AND CRAFTS FAIR” There will be a $50.00 charge on returned checks.
EXHIBIT SPACE PRICES:
SINGLE: $125.00 (10’ x 10’ APPROXIMATE)
DOUBLE: $250.00 (20’ x 10’ APPROXIMATE)
FOOD VENDORS: 20% commission at end of show.
(ASSIGNMENT OF SINGLE OR DOUBLE SPACE IS AT THE DISCRETION OF THE COMMITTEE)
Spaces will be assigned by taking crafts into consideration. We cannot honor requests for specific booth size. We will consider each exhibitor’s needs and it will be at the discretion of the committee.